Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fiction Writing And I

I love fiction writing, because I feel like there are endless opportunities and you can just allow your thoughts to take control of your hand. I found this website called http://www.homepages.dsu.edu/jankej/Writing/tips.htm and it gives tips on what you need to be a fiction writer. It explains how to start a story, and it's basically as simple as Professor Q has put it. You need a setting, a plot, character/s, conflict (we all love CONFLICT!), dialogue and theme. It also says you need point of view, but as we've learned in class we can all read the same story/poem and interpret it completely different. That's what I love about writing! I will admit and I am so ashame of this flaw that I have, I really haven't read much books. I feel like I don't have the time and/or I don't make the time. I should find the time to read so I can become a better writter because I do admit you get good Ideas from others, so if anyone can suggest a book that I should read during winter recess since I'll have more time on my hands let me know.

No comments: