Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Writing! Hmmmm?

You know those people that are so, descriptive that when ever you read there work you can clearly see the scene they picture, or feel the feeling the characters feel, because of how descriptive the author was about the characters and what they were feeling throughout the story, well that is not me. I wish I could be more descriptive with my poems and short stories so that the readers can decipher what I am trying to say without having to actually say it.

If anyone has any ideas on how to be more descriptive please feel free to comment on my page. Any ways that help you guys be more creatively descriptive please let me in on your secret.

1 comment:

A Quinlan said...

I wrote this last week but was unable to post it for some reason--sorry!

Re: description: This is really the question of the century. I would say that it's really important to slow down. Often, my first thought about a person or place is a cliche--and that is not helpful. So I need to think past the cliche and really look at the situation--the person, the problem.
Also, I want to make sure I've got the senses included. The tangibles such as smell and taste and temperature along with physical description. Those help to guide me to a fuller, more descriptive picture.