Thursday, October 9, 2008

Prompting....

I went into Big Window and read Charles Bernstein's experiments and decided that the decoding poem would be a great idea, I'm going to try it with a poem I wrote when I was twelve called Follow the Road...If it is a success then I will post it up for all to see!
Well I searched the web for different sorts of prompting. Before I started, I must admit that I really didn't understand what it meant. What is poetry or writing prompting. Prompting is inspiring, it helps get the brain juice flowing. One of the web-sites I found that has some poetry prompting is http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/CategoryView,category,Poetry%20Prompts.aspx, most of the exercises were very creative. Another good website for writing prompts is http://www.creativewritingprompts.com/, this site helps with poetry, writing, descriptive prompting and awhole lot more. This will be very helpful for anyone who is having a hard time getting started on a writing assignment.

1 comment:

A Quinlan said...

Good start here. I really wanted you to look at some of the prompts suggested by Robin Reagler in her blog, Big Window. Check it out. And now it's time to blog about fiction writing!