Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fav. Writers Continued

I hate to admit this, but I really don't read outside of school. It's so embarrassing I know, seeing how I am an English Major an all. Ever since I could remember I have never been a big reader. I never have the time, nor do I make time to read. I usually would rather watch TV, but this semester I didn't even have time to do that. There is no excuse, I have learned more than ever how important it is to read. The only authors and writers I know a little of are the ones we are taught in school. So the sites that I have shared so far with you are of authors we have read all throughout school. These next authors are of those whom my friends or family have told me about.

James Patterson the famous author of thrillers, my kind of books. In fact there are two books that he wrote that were made into movies that I love; Kiss the Girls and Along Came a Spider. These are both part of a series of detective novels with the main character being Alex Cross. http://www.jamespatterson.com/index2.html is his official website. In this site you find similar things like biographies site were to purchase his work, but what makes this site cooler than the rest is the little clips of the movies the books were turned into.

William Paul Young, he wrote The Shack a very deep book about life and we are given choice. In the book Paul Young talks about why bad things happen and why God allows bad things to happen sometimes. Like I said a very deep book. My mother-in-law was the one who read it and told me about it. I couldn't find a website on William Paul Young, but he is on myspace if any of you are interested. The site I found was more about The Shack http://www.theshackbook.com/ this site allows you to read a little of the book and the allows you to interact with others who have read the book so you can all discuss and take notes on the the message the book is trying to deliver.
Mary Higgins Clark is another author my mother-in-law told me about. Coinsedentally she has some Christmas novels out, one was just published Dashing Through the Snow. Some of her books are more for inspirational reads, just incase you were interested. Her website http://www.maryhigginsclark.com/ shows a little more about who she is, and you could learn more about her books.

Hunter S. Thompson was an author/journalist who sadly comitted sucide two years ago. He was famous for his book turned movie called Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. My friend said the movie is one of his favorites, but he admits that the book was a lot better. Thompson's official website http://www.maryhigginsclark.com/, consist of a short biography, a collection of his work and a memorabilia auction.

No comments: