Thursday, December 18, 2008

Reviews on What I Am Reading in Other Classes

To be completely honest with you guys, I was taking all writing classes this semester, so there wasn't really any books I was assigned to read. The only things that I read were from our class. The two short stories of James Joyce- The Dead and Sisters were alright, I guess. I have nothing against him personally, but sometimes he may be difficult to read. I mean for me anyway, because I am not used to reading his style of writing. He has many characters in his stories, and usually makes the narrator very close to all of them. Then when he uses dialogue he doesn't use quotation marks, which makes it a little difficult to follow who is talking and when someone is talking. Sometimes you have to read his stories more than once to really get into it, but isn't that true for most good literature.

No comments: