Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Poem for Workshop

Might be sappy for some, I know there is room for improvement. Hope you enjoy...
Our Song


You and me against the world
Sometimes it feels like,
You and me against the world
When all the others turn their backs and walk away,
You can count on me to stay.

From the first moment
The doctors put me in your arms
The delivery room became really small
The five floating heads seemed to disappear
It became just you and me

In your arms
It was no longer cold
I was no longer scared
I knew that you were the one
Who would save me from harm.

I wrapped my little hand
Tightly around your finger
Assuring you that I will hold on to you
If you will hold on to me
This was our first step through a new life together.

You and me against the world Sometimes it feels like you and me against the worldand for all the times we cried,I always felt that God was on our side

My first words
My first booboo
My first step
The first time you had to leave me with someone else
I shared with you in those milestone tears

When I was two, we moved away
It was just you and me again
We lived in a small bedroom apartment
We were broke, and lived on Lipton soup and rice and beans
I was the one you held when you cried

Through school years
For all my stage fright
For all the times my heart was broken
For all the times I was betrayed
You held me and wiped away my tears.

And when one of us is gone,
And one of us is left to carry on
Then remembering will have to do
Our memories alone will get us through.


I’m an adult now,
With a son and a little girl of my own
They’ve held my fingers in their little hand
I’ve gone throw first steps, first words and booboos
I share with you those milestone tears

Though you may live far away
And we may not have a lot of time together
In the holidays or
Through the phone
We still have some happy and sad tears left to share.

I love you so much
I appreciate all you’ve done and all that you do
I can’t imagine a world without you
But I know that we are all on borrowed time
And that we will always have our song.

Just think about the days of me and youYou and me against the world.

1 comment:

Deirdre O. said...

I really did enjoy your poem....I can tell you are probably a great mother. =)